BANANA CHERRY BABY FOOD RECIPE: FACTS
BANANA FACTS: REASONS TO FEED YOUR BABY BANANAS!
- Bananas improve mood due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter. Who doesn’t love a happy baby?!
- Bananas counteract the calcium loss during urination and build strong bones!
- High levels of vitamin B6 aid in the production of white blood cells and aid in strengthening the nervous system.
- Iron strengthens blood and and relieves possible anemia.
- HIgh potassium and low in salt, bananas aid in proper heart pumping, rate and rhythm.
- Pectin aids in digestion and gently chelates toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria within the gut.
- Aid in producing digestive enzymes to help digest food more easily.
- High in fiber, bananas help combat constipation.
- When sick with diarrhea, bananas soothe the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes due to fluid loss.
- Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid related to GERD or acid reflux.
- Eating bananas helps prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
- Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. This is attributed to the potassium levels.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing free radicals and protection from chronic disease, including cancer.
Not only do cherries benefit babies, but they benefit adults as well. Cherries have been shown to decrease the incidence of gout by decreasing the amount of uric acid within the body by approximately 15%. Cherries have also been shown to help joints affected by arthritis by reducing the amount of c-reactive protein, an inflammatory agent. Cherries also aid in preventing and fighting cancer. The deep red color in cherries comes from flavonoids, which are powerful antioxidants that combat free radicals in the body. Anthocyanin prevents the cancer cells from growing out of control. The anthocyanin is found in the darker varieties of cherries, such as bing. Ranier cherries do not contain as much of this anti-cancer compound. Cherries contain melatonin, a compound that aids in sleep. Melatonin aids in the formation and maintenance of circadian rhythms. If your baby is confused as to what night time is and the difference between night and day in relationship to sleeping, maybe cherries are a good fruit puree to add to their diet!
BANANA CHERRY BABY FOOD RECIPE: INGREDIENTS
6 sweet cherries, halved, de-stemmed, and pitted
1 tbs baby cereal
BANANA CHERRY BABY FOOD RECIPE: STEPS
- Puree the banana and cherry together.
- Add the rice cereal.
- Puree again.
- Serve or freeze.