SPINACH APPLE BLUEBERRY BABY FOOD RECIPE: FACTS
Spinach is a very nutritious food for your little one. Spinach is available all year round but is in season during the spring (March – June). It is well known for its nutritional qualities and has always been regarded as a plant with remarkable abilities to restore energy, increase vitality and improve the quality of the blood. There are sound reasons why spinach would produce such results, primarily the fact that it is rich in iron. Iron plays a central role in the function of red blood cells which help in transporting oxygen around the body, in energy production and DNA synthesis. Spinach is also an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C and folic acid as well as being a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2. Vitamin K is important for maintaining bone health and it is difficult to find vegetables richer in vitamin K than spinach. Others include kale, broccoli, and green cabbage.
SPINACH APPLE BLUEBERRY BABY FOOD RECIPE: INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 peeled, cored, and chopped medium sized apples
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
SPINACH APPLE BLUEBERRY BABY FOOD RECIPE: STEPS
In apot, place the blueberries and apples along with the water. Simmer over medium heat for about 7 minutes, or until the apples become tender when poked with a fork.
- Remove the pot from the heat source, and stir in the spinach until it appears wilted. This will not take long due to the heat.
- Drain off all of the water, saving it. Place all of the ingredients into a food processor.
- You can add breast milk/ formula, or the water the foods were cooked in to achieve the desired consistency for your baby,
- Serve or freeze.