APPLE PEAR BABY FOOD RECIPE: FACTS
When the phrase, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” was first coined, it was not referring to the wonderful health benefits of the apple. It was referring to consuming a mere round fruit daily. Today, we see why an apple a day can actually keep the doctor away due to numerous health benefits.
- VITAMIN C: Vitamin C is a powerful natural antioxidant capable of blocking some of the damage caused by free radicals, as well as boosting the body’s resistance against infectious agents. Vitamin C is known for boosting the immune system and creating resistance to disease.
- B-COMPLEX VITAMINS: B-complex vitamins (riboflavin, thiamin, and vitamin B-6) are key in maintaining red blood cell health, nervous system function, and providing energy.
- FIBER: Dietary fiber is high in apples and helps to combat constipation.
- PHYTONUTRIENTS: Phytonutrients help protect the body from free radicals which cause long term diseases including cancer.
- MINERALS: Calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium are contained within the apple itself.
- Pears are high in fiber, preventing bloating, constipation, and colon cancer.
- Pears contain a fair amount of vitamins C, K, B2, B3, and B6. For expecting or nursing moms, they also contain folate. Pears contain calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese. Vitamin C and copper are antioxidant nutrients, so eating pears is good for your immune system, and may help prevent cancer.
- Pears also contain boron, which our bodies need in order to retain calcium. This means pears aid in bone and teeth development.
- It’s a hypoallergenic fruit which means those with food sensitivities can usually eat pears with no adverse effects.
APPLE PEAR BABY FOOD RECIPE: INGREDIENTS
2 medium apples that are peeled, cored, and chopped (choose sweet tasting apples)
2 medium pears that are peeled, cored, and chopped
1/4 cup of apple juice or water
APPLE PEAR FOOD RECIPE: STEPS
1. Place the fruit and liquid into a pot and simmer over low heat for approximately 8 minutes, or until tender.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Stir the mixture and then puree.
4. Serve or freeze.